Friday, January 9, 2009

Sanbiki no saru


Sanbiki no saru which means Three Wise Monkeys. Who are they? Meet Mizaru, Kiwazaru and Iwazaru. 



Familiar with this? I do. But for 22 years and 2 months i live in this world.*haha* I never know what they means. Or should I say I never thought that These monkeys actually bears wonderful meaning with them. Pity me oh kannn.... I only came to know about this during my edu lecture.weeee... thanx to Mr A.Rajoo........ At first when he mention this in class, he told us that Ghandi always brings this three wise monkey statues with him. So I tought these monkeys must originated from India. 

Pity me again. I was wrong. After googling it, I found out that it is originated from china and was popularized in Japan. 

So Mizaru who always cover his eyes means see no evil, Kiwazaru who always cover his ears means hear no evil and the third one Iwazaru who always cover his mouth means speak no evil. There is another one by the name of shizaru who symbolizes the principle of do no evil who may be covering his abdomen or just crossing his arms. But the fourth one is not so famous la.

See no evil, Hear no evil and Speak no evil


or in chinese a similar phrase exists.

Look at not to the contrary to propriety, Listen not to the contrary to propriety, Speak not is the contrary to propriety, Make no movement which is contrary to propriety.


Source: Wikipedia

0 cliks on the switch: